Thursday, March 8, 2007

Hello

Hey all! Glad you stopped by. Leave a post if you wish.

How do you feel about fighting in hockey? Personally, I think it is an excellent part of OUR game. Stick it to Bettman and his pansy friends.

Drop the gloves!

54fighting

40 comments:

doc-j said...

I have no problem with fighting, but drop the sticks and the gloves and pick a partner to dance with. No sucker punches or that kind of crap. burn the frustration away and get back to playing hockey.

Mr Fix said...

only joking bud


occupation winter hightech assembly
or home reno.summer interlocker and dumptruck driver.

favourite movie fist,cheech and chong

favourite music stones,zepplin,doors,Marilyn Manson,Metallica,floyd



favourite book hempcanada lolol
don't do must big reading.

once a gain i was only joking with you on the chez blog.

ho as for fighting my father did it for most of his life.that was his occupation for about 35 yrs.
and what i,ve seen being around it
hockey is nothing,try going out with your girl for a night in one of ottawas roughess bars and have a biker come over an want to dance with your girl,she say no and the biker smashess a quart bottle of beer over the poor guys head.
try fighting the bikers,try fighting seventeen of them out of the bar.and one runs to a car and pull out a gun a starts shooting.

(Nothing Good Comes From Fight)
in any way.i live it from both sides good and bad.


all the best
mr fix

54fighting said...

doc-j good points, with you all the way...

54fighting said...

Mr. Fix, sounds like too much fighting to me. I've been around and worked in the bars too. Bikers, well some of them are tough but some are only tough when their budds are there. Sort of like doc-j says, pick a partner to dance with and have a man's fight. Unfortunately that's not always the case. Guns are meant for hunting not killing people in my opinion and knives are meant for cutting up your kill. Either way I wouldn't want to be working in the bars nowadays. Used to be some crazies but now it seems everyone is that way. Look at the soldier that got suckered this week.

54fighting said...

@doc-j They should knock off the nonsense with the helmets too. If the juniors are man enough to tkae them off why not the pros too...

54fighting said...

Mr fix Fighting in a bar is definitely different than a game situation. Emotions are high in both but I'm guessing you have not played much hockey. When cocky little jerk whacks you with a stick I'm sure you would want retribution.

54fighting said...

mr fix, I removed our last few post thinking that if I can figure that out so can others, glad to do it.

Mr Fix said...

@54
thank you my frend.


all the best
mr fix

54fighting said...

@mr fix, I tried to find some info on that but didn't come up with much. Ever thought about doing something on that? A blog or website would be cool.

doc-j said...

@ 54
the juniors take the helmets off to protect their opponents hands from unnecessary fractures. the big leaguers keep them on to protect from concussions!

doc-j said...

@ mr fix
I'd avoid that bar and find one that's friendlier. A fight can happen anywhere but why go where it's almost a sure thing unless you're looking for it.

Mr Fix said...

@54
all i can say is you are a very good person thank you once again.
i'm thinking about doing a book
on the life story.the only problem is i can't write worth a hill of beans.lololol
if you want to know more or anything just ask bud.
your more then welcome.

@ doc-j

how you doing buddy
if you have been reading these post you know whats going.
shhhhhhhhhhhh.lololol

all the best
mr fix

Mr Fix said...

@doc-j
i grow up in that mess
i start working in a night club when i was 15 yrs old,and it was one of the roughess ask 54,he knows
these days i don't go to bars.


all the best
mr fix

54fighting said...

@doc - broken hands & concussions. I would still rather see a fair fight. One guy gets the helmet off and usually that's it for the other. All I'm saying is let's have a fair battle. If you break your hand on a helmet or a head there is no difference. The juniors heads are no softer than the pros.

@mr fix - you're welcome and your point that nothing good comes from fighting speaks volumes. There is a huge difference though between a hockey fight and a bar fight. I've seen best friends fight in a hockey game and slug back beers after.

doc-j said...

@ mr fix
it's not what's in the baggage we carry, it's how we carry our baggage. you seem to carry yours well

@ 54
when it comes to multi million $ contracts vs potential pro career, I doubt they have much choice.

54fighting said...

doc - Funny thing is they have selective choices, why not keep the whole cage/visor on when they leave junior then.

doc-j said...

@ 54
I bet there is a clause in the collective bargaining agreement. I know it's a load of crap but they'll argue that they are grown men who can make their own decisions. remember the fuss over making helmets mandatory?

54fighting said...

Doc - don't get me started on "unions" cause they may be all together but nothing near what a union stands for.

doc-j said...

You won't get an argument from me on that one. I've been a public servant for 7 1/2 years and had to walk a picket 3 times already. Why can't they negotiate 6 months before the contract is finished instead of picketing 8 months after the contract has ended?

54fighting said...

My point there was your type of union has some soildarity towards a brother. If they were a true union then all the journeymen would be paid a journeymans wage. They are all out to make themselves a buck though. Nothing wrong with that but call a spade a spade. Maybe I'll have to work on my next posting now that you got me going.

doc-j said...

@ 54
I really enjoy the game and all it has to offer. it's the best reality show on TV hands down but the players are overpaid to the point that you have to be independently wealthy to go see them live.

doc-j said...

BTW, I know that was a run-on sentence LOL!

54fighting said...

For the most part you are right about the money. You can get some fair priced seats though if you are on top of things. Funny how we will pay that much to see a game but we limit our resources for the things that really matter.

doc-j said...

that's why I don't make it out to the game often. funny enough, the last time I saw the Sens play, it was against the Panthers (in Florida last spring) $12.50 a seat, now that's a deal!

54fighting said...

Sounds like a good deal but how much did it cost to get to the game ;-). Anyway you look at it is expensive. Yesterday I heard el President say that next year they are hoping to double the ppv's

Have a good day.

doc-j said...

trust me 54, I didn't go to Florida to see the Sens play. that was an added bonus.

54fighting said...

Who would really. Nice to see a game in shorts though eh?

doc-j said...

got that straight. interestingly enough, when you order a beer, you get to take the bottle (their made of plastic) good idea!

54fighting said...

I'm usually not fussy about things but plastic is one of them, especially when alcohol is involved.

doc-j said...

I hear ya, but getting a plastic bottle in the back of the head beats glass anyday LOL!

54fighting said...

Good point doc, but what about the chemical reactions happening from the alcohol eating the plastic. Try putting a beer in a plastic glass and sit it outside for a week. nasty...

doc-j said...

@ 54
you're kidding right. if the sun is just right, you can almost see the beer entering the beer bottle before it gets bought by doc and goes into to docs mouth, LOL!

54fighting said...

I'm sure if I was thirsty enough I would be right there pouring it into me...

;-)

doc-j said...

@ 54
besides, that would be a complete waste of beer. you could be publicly flogged for such an act LOL!

54fighting said...

no wasting beer here...

doc-j said...

glad to see we're on the same page

54fighting said...

oh yeah, Gonna have to start a new page, got a couple of ideas to run by my visitors and want some feedback...

doc-j said...

bring it on

54fighting said...

hmmmm, this is a hard topic, might take me a couple of days to cool off before I write anything down, I'll be back though.

54fighting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.