Saturday, March 17, 2007
2 Way Street
So a Boston based research group (NPD) says 5 billion songs were downloaded illegally last year, compared to the 300 million purchased legally. What I would like to know is how do they determine illegal from legal. Now I know there are some people downloading songs that have never paid for them but if you are like me (and I hate to give away how old I am but) you have owned several different versions of the same group. I for one once owned 8 track tapes. Of course the industry said we are improving our formats and albums were followed by cassette tapes, followed by cds etc. etc. Well sorry mr music industry exec but I have paid for my right to listen to the music I am downloading now. I have switched formats on all of the above listed occasions and paid dearly for it. With a quick scan I can count approximately 900 albums sitting on my shelf beside me. Cassettes, well add another 3-4 hundred. CDs, add another 200. I am sorry about the 8 tracks but when I left home my mother & father thought, lets get rid of these, he'll never use them again. Too bad so sad for your dwindling industry. You have brought this upon yourselves and it is a two way street. Finally a new format available where I don't have to go out and spend 20 or 30 thousand just to be able to listen to something I have already paid for more than once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Hey 54, MP3 downloads and MP3 shared files are legal in Canada. The industry is still trying to overturn that decision, but so far the consumer is safe.
Hey doc. Just jumping ahead to their method of thinking and making a point to our neighbours. Sooner or later they'll lobby someone enough to get there.
hey 54, you can add me to the visited your page list :)
dont have much to say, but i am waiting for the green aspirin you promised today, i need them not because of a hangover but because I am lacking in the sleep department, hehehe
i worked last night from midnight to 6am.. sheesh, and now going back to work, see ya!!!
Welcome helping, glad you stopped by to say hello but where do you find the time?
@54
if you only knew what i do... sheesh. a lot more than what i say on the blog, i am extremely busy but i find time for my blogger friends, you peeps keep me laughing all day long.. ;)
tks for the green pills, hehehe
@doc-j
you get around don't cha!!! :)
Helping now you have me wondering... hmmm what is it she does? Glad to share and if I can make even one persons day, it's mission accomplished. Don't work to hard.
@ helping
:-) another talent LOL!
@ 54
I know what helping does LOL!
That's not fair doc... I guess there are some advantages to being doc...
;0
@ 54
sorry, I couldn't resist LOL! I'm pretty sure that you can get the scoop on helping if you participate in the next M&G. It's not my place to talk about helping, hope you understand
I wouldn't expect anything less. I hope I can make to the next M&G. I've been following along for quite awhile and it seems like a great bunch of people.
@54
yes, that is right... if you make the next m&g I will galdly tell you what i do to keep me so busy ;)
Thanks Helping. I'm not nosy just curious...
Oh well, at least my music is still free
Post a Comment